Brakes4Life Terms and Conditions
Brakes4Life gives you lifetime replacement on brake pads and shoes.
Our BRAKES4LIFE lifetime replacement really does last for as long as you own a car.
- You pay for your first set of pads or shoes.
- If you change your car, simply bring in your new car to register for the lifetime replacement, or transfer your lifetime replacement with the car to the new owner.
- We will supply and fit your next set of brake pads or shoes when you need them, free of charge.
- You do not need a yearly service or check to maintain your lifetime replacement, although we recommend that you keep your car in in good condition.
Keeping your brakes in good condition is crucial to the safety of your vehicle and the safety of you and your passengers. We have introduced a personal lifetime brake replacement to encourage you to keep your brakes in good condition.
We offer free brake pads or shoes after you've bought your first set, for your car and for any car you buy in the future. All we ask is that you repair or replace any other brake parts when necessary and tell us when you change your car.
All the brake parts we use match the original specification, and they are fitted by our skilled technicians. The lifetime replacement is designed to give you peace of mind for life and is only available from Halfords Autocentres.
Terms and conditions of your personal lifetime brake replacement
How it works
- Personal lifetime brake replacement is available on all types of car and 4x4 vehicles (not vans or commercial vehicles).
- You should buy the first set of brake pads or shoes from a Halfords Autocentre at retail price (including any discount that may be available at the time). This will start your lifetime replacement offer.
- You must carry out all other brake repairs (to brake discs, drums, cables and hydraulics) found during an inspection or service within 10 days to continue to claim the free replacement.
- We must carry out all brake pad or shoe repairs if you want to take advantage of the lifetime replacement.
- We will replace brake pads or shoes when they get to the minimum acceptable level as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
- You must bring with you your initial invoice and details of any other brake repairs carried out if you want free brake pads or shoe repairs under the lifetime replacement.
Transferring your Lifetime Replacement
- If you want to transfer your lifetime replacement to a new car, you must bring your new car in for a vehicle safety check within 30 days of buying it (please bring your V5 registration or bill of sale to show the date you bought the car and the change of ownership). At this point, you will get a comprehensive report on the condition of your brakes.
- If your vehicle safety check is not carried out within 30 days of a change of ownership or if repairs are not carried out within 10 days of the vehicle safety check you will no longer be able to claim a free replacement.
- If you want to transfer your free replacement to the new owner of your car, the new owner must come into a Halfords Autocentre for a vehicle safety check within 30 days of buying the car. They must show us the V5 registration or bill of sale showing the date of change so we can update who the registered keeper of the vehicle is.
- You must carry out any other work needed to make sure the brakes work properly if you want to continue to claim a free replacement.
- The lifetime replacement does not cover:
- wear indicator sensors or wires; or
- pads or shoes for ceramic brakes.
- The lifetime replacement is not available for vehicles owned or leased by a company or driving school, or contract hire or rental vehicles (including taxis) and vehicles used for commercial purposes, track days or competitive sports.
- The free replacement pads only apply to the front or rear set that were originally changed. If both sets were changed it applies to both sets.
- The lifetime replacement is covered by a fair-use policy and may be withdrawn if there is regular, excessive wear, or you regularly bring in many different vehicles.
- If there is a dispute, the decision of the directors of Halfords Autocentres is final.